Shoscombe C.E.V.A Primary School was built in 1869 and was used as a school and as a ‘chapel of Ease’ for the residents who could not get to the church in Wellow. It was enlarged in 1894 and 1911 and a chancel was added to the end of the school hall. It is still used by parishoners for worship between advent and Easter. The School is an important part of Shoscombe which caters for the needs of our children from the village and surrounding villages. Shoscombe School has educated many generations from the same families from the village over decades, in some cases even centuries!